Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Go Big or

So I went home.

I failed at college. I did nothing but study and curse the season for changing.
I seethed like an old man.
That attitude gets you a one-way ticket home. Shape up for next time.

I'm enjoying being home, sort of.
I mean, I'm doing less than I did in college.
I'd peak outside my window, "Is the sun shining?
Better go back to sleep."

I don't even see the sun anymore, now that I've been home.
Portland has been ugly and drizzly, too. More than usual. I thought I lived in England, for a while. I wanted to colonize so bad!

I wanted to write about my experience at the Sasquatch Music Festival, with apparent rants about the pervasive white youth culture,
contrast and compare it to my recent visit with my Other grandmother (not the foul-mouthed, but the foul-spirited) on the topic of drug use and abuse both to numb the pain and open the eyes as well as the ironic conformity of the eternally nonconformist youth and the seeming conformity of the elderly who have lived completely different lives,
but
Not only was my commentary going to be cruel, but
It's really not that interesting.
You could read that anywhere on the internet, I bet.

Summer is about unwinding, not analyzing (and refuting) the lives of others, Joel.

I think you should focus on something lighter while you float between unemployment, hunger and philanthropy:

I don't care what anyone says. I'm glad I'm growing out my hair.


Proof of success!

1 comment:

Joseph Moullet said...

Chartreuse is the wavelength most emitted by the sun, and the wavelength of which our eyes are most attuned. Everything makes sense.