Monday, March 10, 2008

Here are my ramblings from the Jazz Night of March 6th, 2008.
The young writer, Ben Berry has a few words.

(Lab Band)

Don't push me, Because I'm on the edge
falling down with all smiles.
Soft Ground, the middle, a little pudgy nondescript

BEING THAT, I am only one in a million
BEING THAT, I am all I could be, yesterday

Syke(s!), leave me, retrieve my slippers before I pound you like a 10 oz steak.
But, boy do I love you, babe.
I love that MC's beard:
(J)Gigolo
Why are all the Vibes players cheery?
I mean, Angie Banks, come on.
Flapper you are not, oh trendy harlot.
Grin with crooked teeth, let me down. Bring it down! Why does every song have a Christmas subtone? Is that the underall plot of the night?
"Freewheel with the Jazz Zeitgeist, but also celebrate the solemn birth of Jesus"?
That's on the right track for a load of irony.
I came in late, and That
is a disappointment.
"This is a whole lot better than watching old Perry Mason reruns."
Ballad, Bring in the Axl Rose.
Oh, ohohoh, sweet spring of mine, I used to be reminded of Bakerstreet ever time I heard a saxophone, but now it's just another blow of wind (brass, actually).
The Viber (Vibist) looks like shee's swatting at mites on the Xylo. It's like the thing is a methhead and she's just helping it itch.
Can I just put out how unnecessary it is that Lab is underappreciated?
There's a M*A*S*H theme again, man, it's at every band concert.
Hard! Smach Me In the Face!
Erik, a little too hard, man. This isn't Swamp Monster. I heard some Aretha just now! Where is my mind? (Frank Black)
This sounds nothing like Incubus' rendition.
Oh, it's not the same song.
That makes much more sense.
Heartache, heartbeat, thorofare, brake light, stop sign
Stop me, damsel, your distress call ringing too low, unlike Lil' Jon.
How many people have seen Uncle Buck? Honestly, it's one of John Candy's best.
(Black Band)
Alex, don't be so sophisticated, and sit,
your playing the guitar in a high school's band. Whatever. Do what you want. I'm not your mother.
The plungers are stilll anomalies, to me. Mmmm, TomKat, love that T(r)ombone.
You're right, he does drum with his mouth wide open.
Bursts from the trumpets really make a solo, There's no 'I' in Solo,
but there're four in "I like the vibes and/or guitar."
Nice Widow's peak, saxophonist.

No comments: