Saturday, March 8, 2008

Thoughts, not lost, but still choked upon

So, my birthday was last week.
I kind of had a week to celebrate it.
On the actual eve of it, I was somewhere in Gresham, waiting in my car, then I went back to a low-key party where 2/3 of the 6 people there were laying over eachother and watching Eternal Sunshine. That's my type of party.

During the long day, that 17 years prior, I was finally popped out, I went to Todai (I enjoyed the sushi, despite the reviews of poor quality from people I respect), hung out with Brianna (I wish I could explain how happy that hang-out time made me; I was finally okay to hang out with her, after being terribly uncomfortable not knowing if I want to be with her, months after our breakup), rode down to Lincoln High to watch them stomp on our Girl's Basketball team for their spot in the playoffs, and I finished off in SE Portland at another friend's house, passed out from exhaustion. The plan was originally to go to The Escape. That fell through when I fell asleep.
Whoops.

Next day, I saw There Will Be Blood with a small group.
"I am a false prophet! God is a superstition!"
Daniel Day-Lewis is a great actor.
Also, I learned that the Headlight Game (Hit the ceiling when a broken headlight is seen or take off an article of clothing) can get REALLY intense when you drive aimlessly in Northeast at night for over an hour.

The Early March is the not the time for swimming naked in the Columbia. Almost, almost.

Then there was a week of school.
I was sick and not attending for 40%, so I got the needed rest. Great!
Except History Final next week.
So I'm a ball of stress.
Not really, now, but I will be.

Thursday Night: Jazz Band Performance:
I'll post my puns and stream of conciousness soon.

Then,
Friday Night: Helio Sequence!
Brittany, sweet, honest, different verse of the same song, decided to treat me to a concert and Taco Bell. WOW! Unexpected, really.

We park in some lot downtown and wander up Burnside.
Here's the funniest part of the anecdote: We saw the guys in Helio Sequence walking away from the Crystal Ballroom (and probably to the bar) twenty minutes before the show. I wanted to say, "Hi!" Like the stupid gawker I am, but Brittany kicked me with her eyes, so I didn't.

The show was sold out, though.
We couldn't buy tickets at the door.
Damn!
Here's the golden moment: Everday Music is across the street.
I'm just as happy perusing their used cds and making long stops at both Powell's Books and Pita Pit before ending the night with a canoe talk.

We bought a bunch of stuff.
Sad Sappy Sucker by Modest Mouse, their earliest work. It's bleedingly good.
McLemore Avenue A remaking of Abbey Road by Booker T and the MGs
Digital Ash in a Digital Urn by Bright Eyes
Spoon River Anthology by Masters(I think)
I Hate Myself and I Want to Die: The 52 Most Depressing Songs of All Time
poster of Kerouac's On the Road
bumpersticker that says "Kniting is Knotty"
and a chicken caesar pita

Money well spent.

Probably the best week, despite disease, of the past months.
Life's been good to me so far...

No comments: