Monday, September 21, 2009

Where have my friends and allies gone?

I made a joke today in Spanish.
Nos Hemos descubierto la clima (We described the weather).
My classmates were making small jokes about it being cold in the city or being very hot in the mountains, their tone as the punchline. I, not knowing this was the regular comedic sense, described the Apocalypse. The room was silent.
La profesora felt awkward, too.

I'm usually pretty funny. I have high regards for myself, and there I was, letting the joke die.

When did the Apocalypse stop being funny? Never.
I am lost in an analog sea.

My friends are gone. My old friends, geographically. I have to continue making impressions and live like that, probably unendingly.
Home is such an easy place. I can make this place home, maybe! I don't know.
It'll be a fight.

No comments: