Monday, September 28, 2009

I took note, and here I am

Work was medium-rare for the first half. It was simply not well done.
I was in a new position in the theatre. High stress, lots of mistakes. I thought deeply about what I was doing and made choices based on information provided in training.

I understand work now. We have basic rules and functions explained and then we work, trying to make the best of the exceptions to the rules. One shouldn't be reprimanded for dealing poorly with problems for which one has not been prepared. I mean, what's poor if there is no point of reference?

The second half is great, though.
I know people eventually tire of my humor, but this is fresh. I am appreciated in this new environment. I'm an unshaven newbie and it's great.

College kids get into Hide and Seek.

I need to work on being condescending. I need to work on being passive-aggresive. In an hours-long game of monopoly with one of my suitemates, seven yelling matches occured and we were both angry for half of the game, blitheringly. I lost, too. That was the worst part. I had hotels on the purples, and nothing else. My opponent had a couple of houses on the reds and nothing else. He had no money and I had a fat wad, I'm talking $5,000, here. One of my other suitemates, that loathesome Jhonathan brokered a deal that led me to have hotels on the first three sets, and him to unmortgage and own the other half of the board. Eventual, but thorough loss.

I was left with nothing. I was seven dollars off from the $1,100 I owed. I was close, but even then, I had no spending cash. I couldn't visit Ventnor on a rainy day.

Probably, also, I should say my peace and then be done.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

I love Monopoly baby. I love monopolies even more.