Sunday, February 7, 2010

You want a big word? I'll give you a big word

Everest.
Evercest, also. Quite a connotation.

Yo, but seriously. It's a mad crazy world out there. You just can't stop.

I started reading D.H. Lawrence a couple of days ago. He has control of language. He's dropping word bombs on my peaceful village. Sometimes, I have no idea what language he's writing. Who is he, Lewis Carroll?
Stop making Lewis Carroll jokes, Joel. Not only are they not funny, but they're tasteless. The man was a Saint.

I don't think James Joyce is God.
That must be why I dropped Intro to Fiction.

I missed the Superbowl for the first time in my conscious life. It's a travesty, I know. Life is full of them, Superbowls. I'll catch the next one.

I want to complain tonight. I want to rabble until my heart turns blue and some jazz musician will ask me "Are you Blue?" and I'll totally say yes, for once, I am blue.

The fear is gone. I can take on any academic obstacle. I can honestly take down most obstacles at this point. I'll top my dreams by making them reality.

At work, there were extra posters of Laurence Fishburne as Thurgood Marshall. I set him up so he stares out my window. I hope someone has noticed.

Ushering today, I couldn't help but write poetry in my mind:

The world is full of ugly men,
each ugly in their own way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Snapping my fingers while reading this.

Just like the olden days.