Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Darn Tootin'!

Intro to Macroeconomics is the best thing for me, as a sad sap with broken, sad sap dreams.

I was walking away from class trying to shake off the knowledge bestowed upon me, and I was thinking about being sad, so I asked myself,
"Self, what are the costs and benefits of being sad?"

Well, I would have the ability to write great poetry if I was sad.
and I would have a topic for a morose (BORING) blog.
and I would eat more, I know how I love food, right?

But the costs: I would be less productive. I may say something stupid and regret it instants after it is uttered. I'll be less confident therefore impregnating less women.
The list goes on.

Joel, you are living the dream. You are a god (lowercase. I know my audience) among men. What in the heck do you have to be sad about?

I have toothpaste dribbled dots on my jeans.
I am alone surrounded by millions.
I forget basic articles of speech.
I'm balding.

But I decided I would be more efficient if I was not sad. Dang, if I don't waste my time feeling anything, I can do so much!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're a blue light. And there are only so many blue lights in that airport.

Max Glaspey said...

There's no point in regretting anything you might say, whether or not it may be regrettable.

Max Glaspey said...

Also, it's more likely that, depending on whether or not I have the right kind of sadness in mind, you would eat less.