Friday, January 29, 2010

My life as a visiting journalist

I dig into new theories like butter into a knife. I'm a creamy mess tonight. Bear with me if I'm all over the place.

Your mind is the strongest thing you will encounter. Your mind conjured up evils and virtues. Your mind is to blame for logic, reason and meth.
Your mind can be focused, though. If you want to find something bad, something malicious or wrong with your day, you will find it. If you expect the worst, the worst will come knocking.
This is true in that you can control your mind.

I'll move the bulb on a different setting. I Spy. One of your schoolmates (chummy) says he spies something green.
Is it grass? (Obvious choice)
No.
Is it the tree?
No.
Is it... my shirt?
No.

It gets deeper quickly.

Is it Wendy's eyes?
No.
Is it the praying mantis painted on that mailbox on my binder?
No.

Is it the tip of a green highlighter poking out of Mr. Anderson's pocket?
Yes.
Yes it was. You picked the smallest thing little bit of green because you focused on it.
Green exists everywhere, but you can see all of the other colors, or ignore them completely.

With that, I mean to say that looking for the best, most awesome things in your life will allow you to find them.

And on a different, less didactic (Annoying!) note:

I keep imagining myself existing in every moment that has existed in a set space.
I did it when I was driving.
Like how some video games slow and stop working because it is trying to load a world in one place. Lags out.

If I was in a different moment, a car would have crashed into me millions of times and I would have been safe millions more, but all at once. I've lived and died infinite times in every moment.

It makes me thankful for living in the one where I'm not dead right now. Get it?

No comments: