Monday, January 11, 2010

Who's Got it Figured Out?

Well, for one, I.

So Scientology. Here's the thing. I know I have the right to make effigies of religious figures from beliefs I don't subscribe, but I shouldn't. I'm not going to raid HQ with hate flags because I couldn't possibly figure that aliens set us up the bomb in volcanoes. That is a ridiculous story. Scientology, granted is a made-up faith, a falsity in the name of absolute known reality. True. That verbose, squirming miscreant fact is null because people still have the right to believe in it.

You know what sounds crazy but isn't regarded as crazy because it is so prevalent?
God. The idea of God. Faith. Black holes. Aliens. Monsters. Celebrity.

Everyone has the right to believe.
Well, they should. Or they do.

I mean, I don't believe in some things because of high subscription fees and overages, but some beliefs have great rollover rates. I'm on a new plan, speaking of which. I only believe in things with unlimited texting.

I'm itching to leave this place. I could do it early. I mean, I practically can't, but I could. Possibility. I've got things to do and I want to do them both quickly and well.

I've been listening to music lately. If you haven't checked music out yet, I recommend starting now!

3 comments:

Max Glaspey said...

I think you mean "Who's got it figur'd out," sir.

sj said...

everything has a little crazy in it if you want to believe. even science or math. according to einstein's theory of relativity, space is bent. BENT. we believe it to be true because it is a good theory, and it explains the way things work, but our minds can't possibly comprehend such a concept. maybe God is the same way. there is part of having faith that requires putting trust in God even when there are parts of him that just...don't make sense.

Anonymous said...

the church of scientology is somewhere around the times squareish area. i've been there. it's hilarious.

-Allie