Sunday, January 24, 2010

L'chaim!

For hours, I have chafed the world of television with my backlit laptop screen, with wikipedia droning On and ON about Frasier and a beleaguered A. V. Club insisting that I buy a tv.
I have been running an Oregonian sleeping schedule and I have started living televisionally.

This fresh-faced, duly "Caroline in the City"-esque spin-off of my former life. Big things are in store for the next season!
A quick review:
*An old favorite has been doing voice-over work. A possible relighting of a known defeated flame? Who knows what will happen if the Network allows the series to continue...
*A new character impresses the protagonists but fizzles out into obscurity. Where is she hiding?
*Shenanigans are afoot in 5F! Who knows what the burly bear, the Jedi or the effeminate mass will say next! They're so crazy! If anything, this show will coerce the viewer into believing that people are people and they are so darn funny with their accents and life choices!
*Welcome Back, Joel to Portland for a couple of episodes. The original cast makes light of the little change, and seems happy, but isn't it odd that Life has Gone on for everyone else?

...and....

***Celebrities!!!

And it's all an artifice, a gimmick to pretend that I don't live in New York City.
One of the rooms in my sweet suite is still open. Alex 2 moved out and his space has gone unfilled. I finally wandered out of my room to look through the window to see Oregon weather, gray, sullen skies, surrounding the Empire.

I would rather pretend ((and when I haven't eaten or moved for hours I often do)) that I can jump out of my window, nay, pass the window and sprout wings before I fall. I will hold levity and nerve as I graze scrapers with my angelic stature. I am bird.
Who wouldn't hire a bird? Birds don't need degrees.

Man, I need to do stuff. I'm a lazy, holed-up, seething, hermit crab. I'll come out when someone sets me up a new floral home.
And only then.

I welcome this New Semester.

Also, Transference is good stuff.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

I never understand what your blogs are about Joel... Sort of.