Monday, August 2, 2010

Enough about Me

So I just watched "Julie and Julia" (sp?), a film by Nora Ephron (the famed fictionist who concocted the romance novels with the faces cut out, probably).
It was a touching film. It seemed to strike pretty close to my conscience with this whole blogging thing. That was an important part of the movie. Also, Stanley Tucci plays a diplomat. On top of that, Amy Adams and Chris Messina's characters live in New York.

If I had any interest or talent with food, I would do something with it. The sad truth is, I prefer frozen dreck to culinary artistry.

I guess that means a deeper meaning cannot be had.

I kept thinking loudly to myself, "Girl, you ARE a writer. Just because you aren't published doesn't mean that you aren't a writer!" I thought this many times.
If there's anything Writer's Workshop 1 and 2 Professor McCarl taught me, it's to think of yourself as a writer if you write.
(*Think of Oneself as a writer if one writes)
(**Correct Grammar is a waste of time.)

So I'm writing a novel, right? I'm REALLY writing it. It's real. It's in my hands. I roughly remember all of the characters...

But I'm holding off for at least five years, or so.

I know a girl, a college friend, who has written over two books. I don't know how she's sure enough about anything to write about anything.
Maybe that's just me. I want to know about life before I write about life.
There's something so Pretentious about a suburban teenager directing a school play version of "Serpico", you know?

That's a reference to the movie Rushmore, by the way.
Also, by the way, Condescending means talking down to people.

I'm in the San Fernando Valley right now, taking the scenic routes with my dad's side of the family. There is a real reason I wear a Star of David around my neck and it's not because I chose to be chosen. There's something Deeply rejuvenating about family, even if they are loud or ugly or talentless or unfunny or downright schmucks. It's an identity.

The second blog is churning. One more ingredient and it will be systems go. Taylor, that's you. Sign up. Let's get some criticism on the road. I want to decry Meryl Streep.

It's getting crowded in my head. I need to leave it for a while.

No comments: