Saturday, August 28, 2010

You made your bed, now Lie in it.

It seems silly, doesn't it?, to take everything so seriously
and to expect that you are the exception to every rule
and to dismiss advice only to form an opinion identical to the original advice and
and
and
and

So many things! This is the mark of overanalysis.

I am back in New York today.
I'm not freaking out, but I'm not doing well.

"Summer went by so fast."
"I wish I could have done more."
"I know the facts but I'm ignoring them."

Give yourself, time, right? Let the world settle before you change it.
Or something.

I'm trying to think about life as an escalator. There's a big one in Universal Studios and another one in the 42nd street Regal Theater. The marvel is not in the breadth of the escalator you're on, but the sights and sites around it. You can't see the end of the line. It's been so long that you can't remember the beginning. You can run up or down, but it still goes onward and upward. You can jump off, but you'll just land on another escalator, ascending, ascending.

And there is also this zen thing where I try to find peace with whatever I'm doing. It'll get challenging when my family enters into an ethnic war with my friends and neither side wins.

Find your zen there!

I'm pining for the Oregon Fjords when I plug my radio in and I hear the Nine Inch Nail's cover of "Hurt". I turn it on and it plays 94.7 KNRK wherever I am.
There's solace somewhere in this.

2 comments:

lyndsay said...

nine inch nails, smashing pumpkins and kings of leon. that to me is 94.7. 503 fur ever.

Unknown said...

Trent Reznor actually wrote that song. I do agree that the Johnny Cash version is better though