Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What EVER

Too serious, too dramatic, too everything.
Too much.

Isn't that a song?
Yeah, it's a song.

One of the things I read that my college is trying to cultivate is a powerful critical analysis, a somber pragmatic rationale for tackling today's issues, whether that be which flavor of American Spirits to buy or how to cut a hole in a Urban Outfitters jacket but make it look like it was an accident because you were drunk.

I already critically analyzed everything. That's how I got to college, and likely, that's how I'll be sent out. Anyway, I prefer making jokes than contemplating the states of things. Thoreau said "Pay attention not to the Times, but to the eternities."
Isn't that cool? He was so cool.

I really like when old people wink after they crack a joke. It's a highlight of every day.

I am tired to looking at myself in the mirror and saying "I didn't do the required reading." I can barely bring myself to look at my face. I evade my disappointing glare.
No, that's not true. That's ridiculous.

I saw "Fair Game" on Black Friday with my aunt. The movie was about the Valerie Plame fiasco. I was surprised to find that no one had any idea what that was after I told them I saw it.
I was also surprised to find that it was not a Vaudeville-style comedy.

The state of things today...

I heard a story before I went back to school about why my dad was actually born in Chicago. My grandma always told me it was because Detroit was an embarrassment of a birth place, even in 1946, but my aunt clarified that story with facts about the German practitioner that prescribed heart medication to my grandma, despite an absence of a heart condition. It turned out he was anti-Semetic.

Yet Another example of a story without a punchline.

I started Christmas shopping and I kept in mind the buy what you would want to receive mantra. I strictly followed it, actually. I hope everyone likes size 31 jeans and candy.

You know what my biggest problem with studying the political implications of Apartheid is?
It's so Boering.

Have a great night.

No comments: