Thursday, October 15, 2009

Es Pablo,

I saw Justine again.
I saw her earlier this week, but I didn't have time to say anything. I had forgotten her name, so I just let her pass and it was like watching sand drop in an hourglass. Today I talked to her, she had forgotten my name, and in all honesty, I only remembered because I wrote it down, thinking she was going to be an important figure.

It meant less today. It means less. She is another person.
I have decided that for a couple years it's just handshakes and earnest conversation.
The more the merrier.

Cafe Esperanto had tasty food. I recommend it. I need to be in the Village more.

The longer I stay, the more I know that I can get anything I want here. If I want to smoke, if I want to drink, if I want to snort, to eat, to thrive, to die, to be a face in the crowd, or boost my ego, I can have it all,
except for sense of belonging.

I'll keep looking.

No comments: