Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Can you name the people that made you cool? (and how sometimes blogs are less cool in retrospect)

I'm a sensationalist. I pretend that I'm not, visually, mostly, but I can't help but rouse and rabble.
Rabble on, I heard once.
Lead Zeppeling, or something. I'm not big into the "music" community, so I wouldn't know.

But more, Blue Scholars, the best Filipino/Iranian rap group from Seattle (The only Filipino/Iranian rap group from Seattle), recently made a new HIT downloadable on their blog.
Those Northwest rappers, they're definitely funny.
It's one of the bands Ben turned me onto when Ben and I were friends.
That was before he went to Mexico.
Those were the days, downhill since.


I've been wanting, asking for inspiration and reasons to be, lately.
I ran to the East River, the other side of Manhattan where I was told I would likely get stabbed. I didn't get stabbed. A mere graze.

It was beautiful. It was like Portland. I'll send you the picture if you want. I really will. If you have my phone number, I'll send it to you, if you want.

I thought about reading about Cascadia but instead went to Chelsea Market for the first time/ It's on 9th avenue, and that's usually too far for me. That's an avenue that doesn't have my school on it, so I have no reason to be there.
Well I'll tell you, it was like what I imagine Christmas in Disneyland to be. Plastic perfection. It was pure food. It was all stuff grown in the area. It was a breath of fresh air, to say in the least.
I bought SO MUCH produce. I'm on a health kick now after going to Philadelphia. When I'm with family, I just eat. Nothing else, just eat.
"You're too thin!" No, I'm not. Stop hiding candy for me, Grandma.

I'm not as much worried, today. I'm looking for inspiration. And when you want something, prophetic, it's there. Right in front of you.
(When I say prophetic, I don't mean like the time I was at Happy Day Christian Daycare and the employees, or the other daycared, I don't remember, told me that praying was about asking for a sign and it being presented. I waited a full hour on the metal monkey bars watching traffic as mostly trucks passed. I thought that was the sign from God and that was when I started thinking religion was lame. Not like that)

"I'm thinking of transferring mostly because I don't think this school will prepare me for a career," I said entering the elevator.
"Well, it won't. This school will just make you a fucking amazing person."
Thanks Matt.
I guess I'll rethink my next couple years.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

I think I'm starting to understand your blogs man.