Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I want to hang out with you, Henry David Thoreau

I get tired of theory. There is a broken tapedeck in the back of my mind that whines on and on about the state of the world, how dreary are the buildings I choose to see daily

(I could walk a different way),
but man, does HDT get under my skin. Mmmmm.

Those that go through heroin withdrawals feel something under their skin in the same way I love to see my derma bubble and pop with ideas of perfect isolation.

I got rejected from being an Resident Advisor today. I was really banking on that job to stay in New York, but in my interviewing, it was decided I wasn't wanted as much as others. The New School is too expensive for what I'd be learning, what I could use. I could be a liberal, theory junkie that hates the system and Freud.
That's not my dream.

It was never my dream to live in New York City. I don't need the professional contacts I've made here. I can't work for the United Nations until I'm a graduate student.

I had a back-up plan. I have the ability to transfer. I have it and I will use it. I truly hope I write fiction all my life and my experiences in New York are represented. I trueally hope.

So, where to?

5 comments:

lyndsay said...

seattle?

Unknown said...

I second that.

Unknown said...

You would love the quad at UW, Joel. And the mountains. Oh the mountains.

Taylor said...

: (

Joseph Moullet said...

I don't know what to say. But I know I want to say it face to face.