Thursday, November 5, 2009

If I didn't know and love you, I would resent and hate you.

The last couple days of Memory, Testimony, Archive have been punctuated by leaves outside flying upward. The class is on the sixth floor and I have absolutely limited knowledge of jetstreams, but in both class periods last week, up they flew. It was beautiful.
When I think things are falling and hopeless, here are these leaves praying for the sun, quiet Icarus, quiet.

I think Bleu Cheese is the worst thing to come out of cows.
It tastes like garbage.
"It's an acquired taste."
Acquired garbage. It's mold to begin with, but then it isn't just mold, it is living, breathing, amoxycillin. Sick, man. Even Dean and Deluca fell short with their cheese selection: they included the banish colored cheese, Bleu.
If you're sad, Bleu Cheese, I know why. You are worthless.
But there's a market for everything.

I was really impressed with Carry that Weight and The End on Abbey Road (definitely the best music by the Beatles, Rolling Stone; there is consensus among me). Those two songs are the last recorded by the Beatles, all four of them. They kicked it off beautifully and fully with Carry and then, "Guys, this is it. This is the final song we will put forth as a group. The tensions are too high. The junk addiction is too powerful, that creep Yoko is too here, and we're done."

And it was a book end to the most successful band of all time.

I like being around drunk people until the drunk people start generalizing and categorizing me with the tiny scope of knowledge and reason they hold at that moment.
Sleep on that, That's all I ask.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

If I had something intellectual or witty to comment I would. However, lets just say I dig the bit about the leaves, and that is that.

Joel Arken said...

Who are you?
Awesome.
I have reached out of obscurity.