Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Vignettes never tasted so Sweet

I think the funniest thing I have ever written is "Drugs are for stupid potheads that smoke 2 much weed."

It's not funny that Scott and I fully believe Yishia in 5F1 is a Jedi.

There was a floral ceramic bull somewhere on 7th, when I was walking home. The revolving door was not locked, but there was a sign lodged in, securing the security guards shooting the shit inside. I stared at the bull. It can't be from Portland. No. That's silly. It's a bull, too. This is the other side of the world. There is a ceramic bull inside an office building. Masculinity, ignorance, futility. This is the other side of the world.

Chase Bank was in lights on 7th, too, except 'as' was blotted out by broken circuits. Chase Bank was then labeled "CHE." I laughed uncomfortably loudly.

I wonder if people that are used to New York take it for granted. No, know they do, but I wonder how many people do. There are unscalable buildings all around me. We have built buildings taller than mountains, just glass edifices covering metal skeletons like Reese's Cups. We have made a competition of building garbage higher and higher. Our nation is probably in the lead. This city is in the lead.

You are in the lead.

No comments: