Sunday, November 29, 2009

One must consider the final result

The more I am around New York and the dollarbill mentality, the more I wonder why people think the acquisition of wealth will help anyone more than themselves and (maybe) their families, especially in the long run.

I'm at work right now. I'm securing the building to my full extent. I need money to survive in this society of affluence and wealth by the dollar and not by the experience. So I'm at work. I even like it. Celebrities drop by and my coworkers are on their way to Broadway. It's comforting, working here, for I am stuffed with influence of those that are choking their dreams, putting their dreams into a dominated submission. It just warms my heart to see people, young people, know what they want to do and do it. Probably, I support them even more because they are performers and they want to perform, not to live in the Upper West Side and throw bricks of gold out of their windows.

What's the good in living if one only wishes to catapult himself?
I'll tell you what, a baggie of cocaine and a flashbulb with a paparazzi grip seems sweet, and OH, it is, but there is some conventional wisdom in living a long, fulfilling life instead of one seeping with depression and addiction is the way to go.

Life as you will, and someone will follow.

And with that, CapeCodsGiving was a smashbang success. AJ, Abby, Corey and I feasted on food just short of divine and I am recharged, enjoying their company, breaking from my academic existence, and talking about the musicality of art in front of the Atlantic Ocean as the sun dives further and further into obscurity.
I wish you all the best.
(I'm actually annoyed when I watch videos and read memoir-esque articles in which an audience is referred. "Hey everybody, I hope you checked out my new beatboxing video!" So to fix that:)

I wish you, and only you, the one person that reads this sentence, all the best.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I do love sunset on the Atlantic.