Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Joyous occasion, this day

I'm so glad I haven't received many comments on my earliest blogs, transfers from myspace days of ignorance and self-pity.
Man, weren't we all wrecks back then?

Well, I'm sure was.
I'm a father now. I'm a father of two beautiful girls, Haley-Rose and Josephine. I'm just proud to be alive. Fatherhood sure has brought the best of life into me. "Everything seems so trivial" since fatherhood hit me like a rock.

At first, I was against the notion. "No, honey, I don't think we're ready," but she sure does have me in her palm!

Sometimes I write papers and hide them from myself, only to find them when they are no longer in context. I wrote a sweet paper about and to Senator John Kerry. Load of good that did him. Bogus.

I love knowing I should be asleep. I make my alarm clock less and less visible when I feel the morning creeping. The wan reflection (of probably the laundry room on the second floor whose unneeded light trails into the windows) dims, but it feels too close.

I don't feel like I should have whole discographies. I don't need the whole thing. I'm struggling with this and I want to delete much music that I shouldn't have in the first place, but The Fruit that Ate Itself is So Good! I can't decide.

I felt like life happened today. I was in a friend's sisters and cousin's loft in Gramercy Park North and I saw the city lights and ate tuna pasta. I feel like everything can fit into place if I wait for it and do my best to be in position.
It's funny to think all I knew about New York before was from the Spiderman 2 video game.

2 comments:

Joel Arken said...

A city so nice they named it twice:
New York, New York
Panama, Panama
Walla Walla
Major Major Major Major

Joï said...

Awwe, Joelliam.
I'm glad you're loving NY, having revelations, and impregnating strange women.
xo