Sunday, November 1, 2009

Just shy of sixteen ounces of brown sugar

is on top of the first toilet. It shouldn't be explained. Some questions will always lack answers.

Today was Halloween. I was Superman at work (and at play).
No, there was no play, EXCEPT where I walked in Times Square scouting out other superheroes. I gave them an earful, I'll tell you. Batmen knew that they were useless, rich, pompous magnates when I was done with them.
The Pope laughed. He couldn't fly. I can fly. Superman can fly.

I shouldn't have joked with all of the Policemen I did, but it was so worth it.
"Great costumes, gentlemen."
To all of them.

To the Joker, I was just disappointed. "Come on, man. You have your own city. Go back to Gotham. We have enough trouble here, anway."
"I'm just taking a break. Lay off."

Some stranger muttered hate slurs about me in my getup. They were baseless and wrong, and yet I was still offended. I talked to a couple of policewomen about slurs and they asked why I was offended, if it wasn't true.
"You're right. Someone yelling, 'You are an abstinent and ethical straight man without a criminal record' doesn't sound imposing at all."

I love seeing people let loose. This is a holiday of choice for forgetting guidelines and requisites. Tomorrow, that's another day, but today, I'm Superman.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It definitely just took me at least 10 minutes to read this post. Happy Hallwoween

Joel Arken said...

It's not that I'm long-winded, it's that I write like a drunk or something.

Man. I think that's some of my best writing, but it goes in and out of sense.